Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Prologue

Over the period of last few years, I have started blogging as a hobby and as a means of holding on to my ideas. Now, I am not much of a daily blogger but have occasional outbursts to blog about every now and then. The two earlier blogs that I havewere started with the intention of educating and sharing knowledge. Unfortunately, they did not turn out as I had planned. This one is the next blog in the unending effort to do so and is very strongly motivated by my keen interest in becoming an educator and my recent crush on the history of semiconductor technology (more specifically microprocessors).

Why is the page link called scientistrulerz.blogspot.com. It isn't without reason as is most of the things I normally do. Back in the old school days, I had a bunch of friends who motivated me to think differently and as the teasing went on they said "Tu to ek din scientist banega". As a young teen, sometimes things just stick on to you. This one most certainly did, maybe not actively but somewhere in my head it did. My first email id was made on a Pentium 1, 120MHz machine that my dad bought for 28,000 Rs. back in the day. We luckily had an internet connection from Dishnet DSL with a speed of 19,600 baud (the old modem kinds). The email id was on yahoo and it was .. as you can guess .. scientistrulerz@yahoo.com. This lasted a while .. till the craze for a new technology sustained. But as most of my friends did not have the same privilege, it went into fading. Over a period yahoo started losing grip over email and gmail started picking up. Early in my college years I had a gmail account as it felt just more comfortable and easy to use. That combine with the theory of disuse led to the eventual fall out of yahoo mail for me. I still have an account for rare connectivity (ashishdembla@yahoo.com) but i rarely do access it. As for Technorama, its just a random G-drive Technology ka Drama, The Display of the Impact of Technology aka Technorama.

The blog is reborn as the ashes of the phoenix rise again to see the light of a new day. I am hoping this rebirth is more symbolic than I imagined it. All I can hope at this moment is that I will try my best to keep the world posted about some cool stuff every now and then.

Will post again very very soon.

Good Bye,
AD

4 comments:

  1. yea, i think it will be helpful and interesting
    :atb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Dembla ... looking forward towards some good posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks all, I hope I will live upto the expectation :) Feel free to contribute.

    ReplyDelete